Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hilarious!!

One of our Social Studies topic is Pocahontas (looking at the history behind it actually and the way people used to live back in the old days). So, as an introduction to the topic, i thought it would be good to watch the movie. I have to admit though, that i do like the Disney versions of many stories, although they are not 100% accurate. I opted for the Disney version this time too, as
there was no other available. So i got everything ready, the children were all excited ... Disney always tries to point out the romance in a story (which was not really the case in the story of Pocahontas), and that little detail slipped my mind.
There is one scene where John Smith kisses Pocahontas. One of my little boys jumped up with surprise/shock saying: "LOOK, MISS MOCANU, HE IS BITING HER LIPS!!!!!"Poor little thing, he was really concerned!! My reaction: speechless. Oops!!
Well, that is what adults do (i was just about to type "unfortunately" - mistake!!) ...
I have many "wait until you grow up!" moments almost every day but this one is #1.

No comments: