Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Smiles which brighten my day


Many funny and exciting things happen in KG - too many to write them all down. But the ones that make my day, i do want to put down, as they're very important to me and make me forget about the disadvantages of living far from home or living in Egypt (and everything that comes with it).

We are learning to read and two of the words for this week were: "i" and "like"; so we all started talking about what we like (mainly food - chocholate in particular - especially that day, my boss came in and brought me a Snickers bar :D). So, the children started saying: "i like icecream", "i like Mc'Donalds", "i like Barnaby Bear" and suddenly, one of my little boys said: "I like YOU!"

I thought that was so cute, especially coming from this little character that does naughty things and whose name i call out 50 times a day! That was special to me and probably i will keep that moment in my heart for many years from now on!!


PS: the "fat like you" incident repeated ... it did not make me smile, as the first time but once again i asked myself: don't i just love being in KG?

No comments: