Friday, October 31, 2008

Planet Gaby 1

I felt very tired this whole week and i found it hard to get out of bed every single morning. I am supposed to leave the house at 7:30 am, if i plan to walk to school. Well, guess what? every single day of this week, i was still in bed at 7:30!!! My body was not responding at all, but once i got to school, everything went well.
We also had an open evening for the parents to come in and have a look at our classroom etc. Earlier during the week, one of the parents of our kids asked me: "So, what are you doing on Wednesday?" I thought she was asking me if i have any plans after school, and i replied: "Nothing!" She went: "GABYYYYYY!! How come? It is the Open day!!" I gave her the weirdest and stupidest look of all, because i had completely forgotten about that!!
It all went great (i think!); apart from a small detail: open day was on Wednesday and on Wednesdays i have PE the last thing of the day, so i just went to school in PE clothes. Right when we left the flat, Nichole said: you're not wearing that for the Open Evening! I said: yes, of course i will, because i didnt bring extra clothes to change. When i got to school, everyone was dressed smart, so i kind of felt bad all day. I did go back home after classes to get changed!!
I always do stupid things like this!! I guess i need to be more formal and pay more attention to details etc. I call this "Planet Gaby" because i feel i am in my own world at times, with rules and ways that others cant understand.

No comments: