Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reading the newspapers...

I've never been into politics ... or maybe I was in my teenage years, when i used to get into political debates with my friends; we just thought it was cool and it made us look smart! lol
I was reading a newspaper the other day, just to put myself up to date with what is going on at home in Romania. Apparently, Iranians seem to be bothered that Romania is hosting American military... We've been hosting them for years now!!! Obviously they do not like it and started saying childish things and making accusations such as my country had Russia (former URSS) as a master before 1989 (during the communist era) and now we have another, referring to the USA just because we are allies. They went on saying the US is just using my country to place its military forces and equipment and that they will ditch us the minute Romania won't be useful anymore. I won't get into that....
An Iranian blogger goes on to say that during Ceausescu's times we were friends of the Muslims and now the US has made us their colony. He is saying that after we killed Ceausescu, we got ourselves a society like the Americans with crime, drugs, corruption, nasty movies ...
People started posting comments on this article ... I couldn't be bothered!!!

1 comment:

ankesepamon said...

gabz, the guy is NOT too far from the truth. the ugly truth... but indeed we are adopting (whether we want it or not) the american style (in all its glory) more and MORE... doesn't that make us a colony?