Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring

For the past weeks I have been waking up in the morning, opening the balcony door or the window and just breathing. There is something special about it ... reminds me of spring at home; although it is only March it gets really hot during the day now, the mornings are just perfect... I think of the spring days of my childhood when I used to investigate the first blossom of a tree. The air is still fresh in the morning, in spite of the pollution and it just made me think of home ... i guess home is where your heart is and you are carrying it with you, just like a snail. I have carried home with me to Cairo in the form of the morning freshness (which sounds weird as there is nothing fresh about Cairo), but I still manage to find the freshness in it.
I am thinking of Ireland ... the green of Ireland where a close friend from Uni years is ...

No comments: