Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just a day

I burnt the porridge this morning (that is because I was reading some exciting emails) ... But I ate it anyway - or what was left of it! I don't like throwing away food - it was not too bad.. what was left of it... I added maple syrup to it!
Anyway I decided to leave the house and go to Rd 9 and get some things done... nothing exciting about that... What I like to do when I have time, is to go into the Pharaonic Flowers Shop and look at the flowers. They had my favourites: calla lillies - even in different colours - white, yellow and dark red!!! I was tempted to buy some, then I heard the price and it put me off! That shop tends to be very expensive...
Anyway, I made friends with the guy from the carpentry shop next to El Greco Coffee and he gave me a piece of wood that I need to stretch paper. :)
My little getaway had to end up the same way it started - I got a taxi back home and apart from the fact the guy took me all over Maadi he had "problems" with his meter. I've been watching it the whole ride (due to previous experiences); it was stil 2.50 LE, then 30 seconds later it was 4.90 LE. I pointed it out to him and immediately he pressed the start button again, that brought us back to 2.50 LE.
I was reading an article in the CSA magazine some time ago and they were talking about the white taxis that have meters etc and what a brilliant idea that is!!! Well, some drivers still try to rip you off and they have found methods to do that...

No comments: