Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring has come to Maadi

There is nothing more exciting for a teacher during this time of the year than Easter break! This break was so longed for!!! I had friends visiting from Belgium (more details on that in another post) and i loved having them around.
I have never thought Egypt has any seasons; i have to admit that before coming i thought it is hot all the time. Well, to my surprise, we did have a winter - rather cold (of course, nothing compared to our snowy winters back home), but when you dont have heating in your apartment, it does feel cold! I was walking in Maadi yesterday and this morning as well and i stopped to have a look at the trees - thye look much greener and most of them have beautiful flowers. There is one next to our house that has purple flowers - it is absolutely beautiful!!
Today was rather hot - summer is definitely gaining ground. I am so looking forward to go home this summer, far from the heat!

No comments: