Thursday, April 30, 2009

Trip to the Romanian Embassy in Cairo

I finally managed to go to the Romanian Embassy in Cairo; it is located somwhere in Zamalek on El Kamil Mohammed street - quite a narrow street, with no parking places (except for the diplomats).
Anyway, it was good to speak Romanian again and meet some new people.
I've been having problems with my visa (as always), so i tought i will go there and they might have some advice for me. Well, it turned out that they cannot. I was told that even them, as diplomats, should get a 4 year visa, and they dont - they get only 1 year.
Then, they told me stories about students who have come here through programmes and agreements between the Romanian and Egyptian government and they were all given different visas, although they were all on the same programme, the same course, for the same period of time.
I have learnt that Egypt has no system at all - there are no rules that conduct this country; everything works as the wind blows, as we say in Romanian.
Now, i am loosing my hopes of being able to stay in this country... but i guess i should let myself carried by the wind... this is another Romanian saying (i am feeling wise today!... NOT!)

No comments: