Saturday, September 25, 2010

Giving...

I've been baking a lot lately and my friends appreciate it a lot, as I shared my cakes with them. This one time I made cake, and I didn't even get to try it, but I was very happy to share! I can always make more, I said to myself!
I've just come to realise that I do this a lot in my daily life - I am concerned about the people around me and I forget about myself! This is not a selfish thought, but what happens when you want a piece of cake and there's no one to offer it to you because you're usually the baker?!
Who will help you move the furniture? Who will take you home? Who will give you medicine when you're sick? Who will cook for you? Who will give you a hug? This issue can consume you for ever and ever; it can lead you to disappointment, to loosing trust, loosing friends etc.
There is at least one person in every man's life who will do those things! I am happy I do have one!
Do not give up giving! It is the most rewarding thing!

No comments: