Friday, November 20, 2009

Simply beautiful

I love flowers ... this is not something uncommon... most women love flowers! They are special to me ... i love the feeling and the comfort they bring to my soul. I guess God knew what he was doing when he made them!
It seems so weird to me how the simplest and the most fragile thing can bring so much comfort!
It is no longer a secret that my favourites are the calla lillies. They are rather expensive back home, but i was happily surprised last year to see them everywhere in Cairo, so i started building tradition: i would buy myself a calla lilly bouquet once a month, especially when they are in season. My cat loved them too and kept tipping the vase over and that was a bit demotivating.

Calla lillies ... there is nothing more simple but graceful ... to me these flowers are divine! They stand up straight, as if they have dignity, their colour is simple: white (although they do come in other colours as well), they do not have leaves attached to them ... it is just the flower, as if it is naked; to me it represents honesty and dignity! A flower that knows how to stand up for herself and doesnt need anything else to show off its beauty! A flower that is simply beautiful... and it is me!

No comments: