Monday, September 7, 2009

Overwhelmed?

Life is insane ... everything seems to be hectic around me and i get lost in my daily schedule. I feel tired, i feel exhausted, i feel overwhelmed, i feel helpless, i feel misunderstood, i feel i cannot express myself, i feel sad and frustrated.
I go to work and it seems that everything is not working as it's supposed to, everything i do is not right, everyone seems bitter, everyone's got problems, everyone complains about something, there is no joy, no peace ... and then i wonder why i feel the way i do.
People around are sucking all of my energy .... i feel drained and have nothing to offer. I've been quite antisocial this past week - something totally opposed to my personality; i love people, i love spending time with people and talking, but i guess we all have our limits. Just like one of the little boys in my class says: "Excuse me, i need alone time!"that is what i should be saying, although loneliness kills me!

I get so distracted with so many things! As someone said: busyness is a modern illness from which many of us suffer. Rest is its opposite and of the things the Lord came to offer. In Matthew 11:28-30 He said: "Come to Me all who labor and are heavy laden AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For I’m gently and lowly in heart, AND YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light"

Maybe i can keep this in mind for this week!

No comments: