Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Another taxi ride story

I decided to have an early start of the day so i met up with Helen to get some work done, although we are still on holiday. We decided to start "in style"and we went for a delicious breakfast at Lucille's on Rd 9. I was very pleased and stuffed!
But the day didnt quite start as pleasantly as it sounds; since i had no Egyptian pounds i decided to go to the Grand Mall first to get some money exchanged. I took a taxi from Kimo market and asked him to wait for me at the Mall.
Well, as soon as i got on the taxi the driver kept going on and on about how beautiful i am. I should be blushing now! LOL Then he went on asking personal questions (which i usually do not mind - especially coming from the children in my class): am i married?, do i have a boyfriend?, do i work in Egypt? etc. It was rather uncomfortable, especially when he started saying that he is single.
At one point he lit up a cigarette asking me if i smoke; my "No"led to another question: Why?
I was puzzled and didnt know what he means; he kept going: "you are beautiful, you do not have a boyfriend, you do not smoke ... you have everything!" He said me and him should be together ...
Hmmm, i pretended i didnt hear that.
Thank God my phone started ringing right when he started saying that he wants to see me again. But he made sure i get that info, so when i got out of the taxi he said it again! I said: "I'm not sure about that!"

So, according to this man, i "have everything" - i guess this is what they look in a woman when they want to get married - single, beautiful, not smoking.... Hmm, i wonder how many eligible women are there for this guy? Probably thousands!lol

No comments: