Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pyramids!!!

I took Cristina and Dutu to the pyramids and we had so much fun! Nichole's parents came too, so there was quite a group!We decided to ride camels around the pyramids and i got the price down from 150 LE to 30 LE/hour. We spent 2 hrs on the camels. Me and Nichole got horses, as we didnt want camels. Cristina was too scared of the camel so i took her camel and she took my horse. It was alright in the end.
Mahmoud, the guide, was very funny - he was hitting on me. I thought he was in his 30's but to my surprise, i found out later he is only 24.
I've been to the pyramids before, but this was by far the most pleasant experience so far. We got a good deal on the camels and enjoyed the ride a lot!
We ended up by the Sphinx and this little girl came to sell us things; cristina bought something. The little girl wanted to take pictures of us - she was very good at it as you can see; the pics look very touristy, but i love them, so i cant help not posting them!
I keep saying i am not a tourist, as i live here now and it seems like my home, but when you go to sites like this, you cannot help not being treated as a tourist.
I am happy Cristina and Dutu enjoyed themselves and so did Nichole's parents.

No comments: