Saturday, February 14, 2009

Birthday!!!!!!!!

My 25th birthday .... a week ago ...
Both me and Nichole had loads of plans ... culminating with a nice relaxing weekend in Anafora, with a bunch of people. It took us a while to get everybody to confirm etc and finally i called ... but only to find out that they were completely booked until March. :(( At that point we were running out of options. I was very disapointed as i really wanted to go to Anafora!!
I looked into other places to go and spend the weekend and it seemed like all of Egypt was booked - only because the University students have a break during that time. We had another idea of going out to Wadi Digla and have a bonfire and bbq, but i was not too keen on that.
So, in the end Nichole organised the whole day - asked me not to make any plans, as i was being difficult on what to do.Friday, after church she took me to meet the group - they had ordered Chinese/Thai food and we went on a felluca on the Nile. It was very relaxed! The food was good, i enjoyed my time ...
After the felluca we went to have ice-cream right across the road. I think that is the best place for icecream in Egypt!! I love it!!! The whole group sang Happy Bday to me on the street. :)
We returned home and Bronwyn invited us for dinner. It turned out to be a surprise party, as everyone was there, even Karabo, who was supposed to fly to South Africa. Bronwyn had cooked for us all ... Nichole made a chocolate cake wt strawberries (yummee).

It was amazing! We all had a great time!! Bronwyn served us osme of her special drinks, that i am kind of looking forward to have again!! :P
25 years is a quarter of a century - it seems a lot when you put it that way, but it is not (really). I do not feel older ... maybe wiser (?) (i should!!). The most important thing is that i do enjoy this stage in my life now, i enjoy what i am doing, the people i meet every day, i realise i am learning so much from the simple fact of being far from home, in a different country, different culture ...

No comments: