Sunday, January 10, 2010

Flying ... just like a bird


Recently back from my South African adventures, i have learnt a few lessons, but a very important one that God keeps reminds me of: to rise above. I have written about this before (first of all inspired by Dr. Bailey from Grey's Anatomy), but it is worth mentioning it.

As i was at Riet River, right by the Indian Ocean, celebrating Christmas, i couldn't help not walking down the beach .... it was so nice and peaceful, especially after so many weeks of teaching in Cairo. The weather was just perfect...


Anyways, i was watching the birds that were on the beach trying to eat some of the shells that were brought on the shore by the waves .... they were in the water, eating peacefully, when a wave came and just like that, they just flew above it and then landed again, and continued their search for more food.

I couldn't help not thinking of myself .... and how often waves come into my life, but hardly ever i am as peaceful as those birds... I never seem to be able to just fly above the wave of difficulty/stress/worries/etc.... Why? I guess it is in the human nature to worry and stress... I am still working on that.... Somebody told me stress comes from uncertainty, but i think of myself as a very self-confident person. Anyway, this is another subject for another time. For as muc has i try to keep positive and on top of everything, there's little things that knock me down.

No comments: