Sunday, October 11, 2009

Football night

Some weeks ago a friend has asked me to join her to this football match. Her company had a tournament and each dept. had a team. It started 1 h later than planned but i richly enjoyed it.
We went to Nile City Towers first for dinner then we headed to Shubra (as far as i remember) for the game).
Egyptians are quite into football; they are very competitive! It reminds me of the night Egypt played Italy and the USA - i was in a pub and i cannot describe the atmosphere!
Anyways, i ended up being the cheerleader there and a group of young boys have joined me! They were all very funny! A lot of men were trying to chase them away thinking they are protecting me from them, but i was enjoying their company (i was winding them up, actually!!).
They seemed very wild and reminded me of my gipsy children that i worked with ... they brought back so many memories and i realised i miss those kids back home!!
I have richly enjoyed my evening that day!

No comments: