Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My computer is back!!!!!!!!!!


After 4 weeks i got my computer back!!!!!!!!! It's been out of order and i gave it to some guys to have it fixed ... it took them a while....

Anyways ... i am happy i can blog :) I will try and update asap.. probably during this weekend, as we start our winter hols and i am kind of stuck in Cairo over the break. Tomorrow we have Chase's cousin coming over for 3 weeks, so we need to accomodate her in my room. Luckily, Mohammed is coming tomorrow to clean, coz our house is a bit of a mess. However, i did tidy up more than usual while i did not have my comp.


Funny thing: we always make fun of Egyptians, as they cannot say "Pepsi" but "Bebzi"; Arabic doesnt have the "p" sound". The funny part comes now: i went to Saudi today to buy bread and i looked around to see what kind of meat they have; well, it was written in English: "Lamp meat". It cracked me up! They try and use the "p" sound, but it always comes out wrong!

Btw, talking about Arabic, both me and Nichole admit that we are rubbish at it! We've

been in such an international context that we hardly speak any Arabic; actually, the Arabic we know is called "taxi Arabic" - enough to tell the taxi driver where to go. We keep talking about enrolling in a course, but we never have time!

No comments: