Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pumkin carving!!

A very American thing is to carve pumpkins in October ... so i joined Heather, Wendy, Sarah and Nichole for this new experience.
We went to Road 9 a few days before and bought pumpkins; they were pretty expensive as it is the pumpkin season, so we couldnt really bargain. I decided to take one that had a little hole on the bottom and agreed to pay less since it has a "bruise".Well, 2 days later, when i wanted to carve it, half of it was soft and soggy so i had to cut half of it - "surgery by Gaby". Well, it looked ok in the end. I took all the inside out and kept it for later, in the freezer. I used it for my pumpkin pie last week. :DWendy has made apple cider for us and John joined us later.
Sarah showed off her artistic skills and carved the pyramids and a camel - it looked really cool!!! very Egyptian; i named my Lebanon as it had a tree carved as a background ...

Two days later, Lebanon died ... :( Even MishMish liked it - he ate a piece of it!

PS: Today Nichole told me what her brother, Adam said about my pumpkin - he said i might not know what carving a pumpkin means, by the looks of Lebanon ... well, when you have a rotten pumpkin, there's not much you can carve ... i was lucky it even looked the way it did!!! I thought i did an amazing job with it (actually, it kind of looks like crap, but hey i did my best!)

No comments: