Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Attacked on the street

Today, during lunch time, me and Nichole decided to go to a nearby shop and get chocolate!! That is the worst idea we could have gotten!!!!!! You might wonder why ...
well, there is a boys' school next to our school, so i dont know their schedule, but it appears that there are always boys out. So, once they saw us, they started whistling, shouting and worst throwing stones at us. I turned around and said in Arabic "what is the matter?"; now they were all backing off, but when i started walking off again, they came after us again!! One of the teachers in our school was just coming out, so she chased them away.
My knees were shaking and i promised myself that if they would do the same on our way back i'd grab hold of one of them and smack him!
We made it safely back to school, though one threw a stone and hurt Nichole's foot. When we got back, one of my kids' parents was at school and she said she scolded them, because she's seen the whole incident! Now i understand when Sarah said she's been through the same incident last year.
Anyway, now we know we shouldnt go out anymore during our break!
It makes me very mad and upset at the same time, and it seems that these boys have no manners! I dont know what they teach them in school...or their parents....
Maybe this explains to a certain extent why there are so many private schools here. the system seems to be quite "unique".
I do have in plan to go and visit an Egyptian school one day and i do have a contact .. i just need time!

No comments: