Monday, November 15, 2010

What should I have for dinner?

Last night Maite and I were having dinner at our hotel and I wanted some pasta; (too much Indian food is not good for you!) so, I asked the waiter if I can have Bolognese pasta (though it wasn't on the menu). He said yes we'll make it for you (and moved his head in the typical Indian style)!!! We waited and waited for 35 minutes... our food was not there yet, when suddenly I had a thought: in this country they don't eat beef (coz cows are holy) and they don't eat pork coz of the Muslims; how on earth are they going to make Bolognese for me? it was stupid of me t ask for it from the beginning anyway!!! So, I went and asked the guy: how are you making it? His English was rubbish, he didn't understand me, he called the manager, he sends somebody to the kitchen.... I said: in my country they make it with beef or pork, but you don't have that here! And I said: I hope you dont make it wt mutton coz I dont eat that! The guy comes back from the kitchen and he says: "Ma'am, we make it wt mutton meatballs!!!" NOOOOO!!! Anyway, I changed the order to Napolitane spaghetti, which wasn't great, but I ate it! I was so hungry coz I only had breakfast that day!
I guess I'll be having some beef as soon as I get back to Doha! :P

No comments: